Call Us: 1-888-296-3059

Close this search box.

Call Us: 1-888-296-3059

Complete the form to schedule a free consultation with a traffic lawyer

By clicking "Submit" you agree that you will be contacted by a legal representative, participating attorney, or affiliate via phone, email or SMS (Msg & Data rates may apply) about your interest in finding an attorney. Consent is not a requirement of purchase.

Will Criminal Traffic Tickets Show Up On My Background Check?

Will Criminal Traffic Tickets Show Up On My Background Check?

Background checks are a concern for many people. It’s stressful to wonder what will show up if an employer or future employer check to see what’s on your report, especially if you have a criminal traffic ticket. Criminal traffic tickets do stay on your record and they will show up for a period of time. State laws very often govern how long a conviction will stay on your record, but here are some considerations you should make when trying to determine what’s on your background report.

Length of Time

The length of time that a certain charge will stay on your background report varies based on the charge, the state in which you were convicted, and other factors. However, there are four typical durations for any given criminal charge. The most common durations are 3 years, 5 years, 7 years, and 10 years. Criminal traffic tickets are more serious in nature and they speak to a higher level of liability and risk. Because of this, most criminal tickets stay on your record for anywhere from 7 to 10 years. The only we didn’t know specifically how long your individual criminal conviction will stay is to ask the court that has jurisdiction over your case.

How Will It Affect You?

Criminal convictions showing up on your background report, especially if they are traffic tickets, will affect you most where car insurance is concerned. You will very likely have to pay an inflated rate for your car insurance because you will be seen as a high-risk driver. Most jobs and employers will let you explain what happened, but your future employment opportunities could be limited depending on the nature of the crime. Your car insurance company May the ask you to fill out an SR22 form, as well.

What Can You Do?

If your conviction has already occurred, there’s not a lot you can do. If your case is closed, that convictions already on your record. The only thing you could do at that point is to try and get your record expunged, but that is a very difficult thing to have done. There are strict eligibility requirements for those wishing to expunge the record, and most people do not meet them. If you’ve recently been charged however you should hire an attorney. Having criminal charges overturned obviously looks better than being convicted for them, and only inexperienced traffic attorney can help you navigate the legal Waters. The legal system is complex, and every case is unique. Even if you think your case is straightforward, it might not be. Having an attorney on your side is your best bet at a favorable outcome.

At Ticket Void, we’ve worked for years with drivers just like you. We help pair you with a qualified attorney in your area who is vetted and capable of helping you with your specific case. By entering just a few pieces of information about your case, we can find and email you the information of an attorney near you who is best suited to help you with your case. The initial consultation is free, so what do you have to lose? Get started today, and exercise your right to fight.


Ticket Void Form Submitted

Thank you for submitting a request to fight your traffic ticket. You will receive a call shortly from one of our representatives to verify your request. If you did not request a free consultation with an attorney or if it was submitted in error, please let the representative know.