Alabama Speeding Ticket Lawyers:
It doesn't matter how good a driver you are; at some point, you're bound to make a mistake that will cause you to get a speeding ticket. It might be because you were distracted while driving. Or it just might be that you didn't know the speed limit in the area. Frankly, it doesn't matter what your reason for speeding is to the officer. What matters now is that you're facing a pricey ticket and potential hikes in your insurance rates.
Thankfully, there are things you can do to fight your Alabama speeding ticket. This overview gives you all the information you need to understand the ins and outs of Alabama speeding laws.
Unique Alabama Drivers License Feature
In Alabama, strict penalties are given to those who are deemed â€œhabitual traffic offenders.â€ So, even if this is your first speeding ticket, it's in your best interest to fight it. Otherwise, your next ticket could come with a much stiffer penalty. Basically, you don't want to have a record of traffic violations in Alabama unless you enjoy paying hefty fines and ridiculous insurance rates.
Statute that Governs Speeding in Alabama
Alabama Traffic and Speeding Laws are governed by The Code of Alabama section 32-5A-171 Speed Limits.
Alabama Drivers License Point System
Alabama traffic laws operate on a points system. Each traffic violation results in a certain number of points being tacked on your license. If you get too many points within a certain time frame, your license will be suspended. This section outlines the points system.
- Your license will be suspended for 60 days if you get 12-14 points in a 2 year period.
- Your license will be suspended for 90 days if you get 15-17 points in a 2 year period.
- Your license will be suspended for 120 days if you get 18-20 points in a 2 year period.
- Your license will be suspended for 180 days if you get 21-23 points in a 2 year period.
- Your license will be suspended for 365 days if you get more than 24 points in a 2 year period.
So, how many points is each violation worth?
- You'll be charged 6 points for reckless driving.
- For speeding at 86mph or more, you'll be hit with 5 points.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road charges you with 4 points.
- If you follow too closely, you can have 3 points tacked on your license.
Are you starting to see the pattern here? The point is it doesn't take but a few violations in a 2 year period to get your license taken away. That's why it's so important to take your speeding tickets seriously.
Can I Fight My Speeding Ticket?
You sure can! And with the strict penalties for repeat offenders in Alabama, do you really have a choice? You can't afford not to fight your ticket. Your first step should be to find an experienced traffic ticket attorney in Alabama. Their trial experience helps them focus your case on just the most important pieces of evidence the judge needs to hear. A focused case gives you the best chance of beating your charges.
Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Alabama
Now that you know how damaging a speeding ticket can be, it's clear how important it is to fight your ticket in court. To do so, you need to hire a top speeding ticket lawyer in Alabama. Thankfully, Ticket Void makes it easy to find the perfect attorney for your needs. Simply click on the city nearest you from the list below, and you'll have access to the top speeding ticket lawyers in Alabama. Freedom is just a click away!